The Cover Technicians primary function is to provide AV Support across various client campus sites providing backfill coverage for sick and holiday leave. The position involves a high degree of exposure to our customers and key client stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Cover Technicians responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Covering the permanently placed Onsite Staff holiday, sickness and absence leave.
• Supporting the requirements of the client site in which placed with by providing basic maintenance support of Audio Visual and Video Conferencing equipment and systems onsite.
• Provide AV/VC support to our clients, their staff and external clients.
• Set up, operate and maintain AV/VC equipment.
• Adaptable to working as part of a permanent based AV team or working on a lone site independently.
• Supporting end users as requested by the Client.
• Event support including set up and operation of PA systems, VC System, projection systems etc. This could be in small Event environments or full auditorium setups.
• Cross-trains with other members of the team to ensure a seamless delivery of services and support to our clients.
• Any admin processing that may be required.
Required Skills (Mandatory)
• Ability to operate Videoconference hardware (Cisco, Webex, Poly etc) and to troubleshoot any potential issues relating to audio feedback, no video etc.
• Proven experience in operating PA, projection and room control/booking systems (Crestron/AMX etc)
• Intermediate IT knowledge.
• Maturity, especially when under pressure and being able to maintain excellence in Customer Service with clients of all seniority levels.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills. The nature of this role involves last minute requests and as such, flexibility is also a key attribute.
• Ability to impart knowledge to those less skilled.
• Adaptability to work in unfamiliar surroundings.
• To work well as part of a small team or on your own.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Be organised and flexible with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day.
• Be available and flexible to work overtime if required.
• Reliable, conscientious character who takes pride in what they do and completing tasks on time.
• Willing to undertake training and examinations to improve their technical knowledge.
• Avixa CTS certification would be advantageous.
• The role is a 40-hour week, usually between the hours of 07.00 – 19.00, Monday to Friday.
• Flexible hours may be required to provide cover. Working hours are subject to change to meet future requirements.
Location Schedule for locations (predominately within London, but not exclusively) will be supplied by the Managed Services Administrator, but the schedule is subject to change at any time and with short notice.
Occasional Out of Hours work and/or Bank Holiday work may be required. Overtime can be claimed by prior arrangement and must be accurately logged and communicated.
Smart office attire. Aligned with the client office in which duties are undertaken.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.