Data Privacy is Important to Us
Please be assured that your privacy is of utmost importance to us. AVI-SPL, Inc., including its affiliates (“AVI-SPL”, “we”, “us”, “our”), is committed to protecting your privacy while visiting our websites and purchasing our products and services.
What Personal Data We Collect
The following lists the ways in which we collect Personal Data from our users and the type of information collected:
Information you provide voluntarily:
- Connect with Us: If you wish to learn more about our company and the products and services we offer, you may use the “Contact Us” or “Live Chat” features on our website. We request you provide the following information: (i) full name, (ii) work e-mail, (iii) company name, (iv) phone number, and (v) state/region. The provision of full name and work e-mail is mandatory; the other fields are optional.
- Global Help Desk Support: When you choose to submit a support ticket to our Global Help Desk using our online form, we request the following information: (i) company name, (ii) full name, (iii) phone number, (iv) e-mail address, and (v) street address for location in need of service. The provision of this information is mandatory in order for us to provide support.
- Account Creation: To purchase products and obtain other services offered on the Website, a user has to register an account by completing a form online. Through the completion of the form by a user we typically collect the following information: (i) full name, (ii) address, (iii) e-mail address, (iv) credit card information, (v) password, and (vi) username. All users can access the Website without being a registered user. However, you will not be able to access certain areas or purchase our products or services online if you are not a registered online user.
Information we collect automatically
- Website Traffic Information: We collect certain website traffic information from visitors to our Website such as internet protocol (IP) addresses and preferences. AVI- SPL uses Google Analytics to analyze trends, administer the Website, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. This tool does not create individual profiles for users. Unlike some tracking services, Google Analytics does not have a database of individual profiles for each visitor – they only collect aggregate data.
How We Use Personal Data
Our Company uses personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services to our business customers: VideoLink collects and processes the business contact information of the individuals working for our business customers so that we can enter into and perform contracts with our business customers in order to provide our products and services.
- Working with our suppliers. VideoLink collects and processes the business contact information of the individuals working for our suppliers so that we can enter into and perform contracts with our suppliers.
- Making our Website more useful for our visitors.
- Communications: In addition, VideoLink may also use users’ contact details for the following purposes in accordance with the user’s communication preferences: (i) for internal surveys to obtain feedback on our products or services, our Website, or on other areas of our business that impact you as a customer, (ii) to notify users of new products or services we think may be of interest to them, and (iii) to send promotional materials.
Interaction with Children
We do not collect personal data of and our websites do not target or provide content to children under the age of 16.
We use the following cookies:
- Session cookies, which are automatically deleted after every visit.
- Persistent cookies that will remain in place during multiple visits to the site.
- Third party cookies, which are used by partner websites that are embedded within our site or that we link to.
These enable you to perform essential functions on the site, such as remembering a repeat form field item within a browsing session. In addition, they help by limiting the need to transfer information across the Internet. They are not stored on your computer and will expire when you terminate your browser session.
These enable us to recognize anonymous repeat visitors to the site. By matching an anonymous, randomly generated identifier, a record can be taken of specific browsing information such as how you arrive at the site, the pages you view, options you select, and the path taken through the site. By monitoring this information, we’re able to make improvements to the site, including the fixing of errors and the enhancement of content.
We use Google Analytics software to analyze page use, page interactions and the routes taken through our sites. These are known as ‘website metrics’ or ‘analytics’. We do not record any personal data as part of this process.
3rd Party cookies
When you visit our site you may notice some cookies that are not related to VideoLink. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from Facebook or YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We do not control the generation of these cookies, so we suggest that you check the individual third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Managing cookies to enable or disable cookies
If you do not know the type and version of the web browser you use to access the Internet, click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window, then click ‘About’. The relevant information you require will then be shown.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0+
Click on the ‘Tools’ option at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet options’, then click on the ‘Privacy’ tab. Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below,
which will then enable cookies in your browser. Settings above Medium will disable cookies.
Google Chrome (Latest version)
Click on the spanner icon at the top right of your browser window and select ‘Settings’. Click ‘Show advanced settings’ at the bottom and locate the ‘Privacy’ section. Click ‘Content
settings’ and within the cookies section at the top, select ‘allow local data to be set’ to enables cookies. To disable cookies please check the ‘Block sites from setting any data’, ‘Block third-party cookies and site data’ and ‘Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser’ options.
Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options. Next, select the Privacy icon at the top of the overlay that appears. Check the ‘Accept cookies from sites’ option to enable cookies. If you wish to disable cookies, please uncheck this box.
Click on the cog icon located top right of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’.
Click on the ‘Privacy’ icon at the top of the overlay that appears. Check the option that says ‘Block third-party and advertising cookies’. If you wish to completely disable cookies, please check the ‘Never’ box.
Privacy Rights of California Residents
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, or call us at our toll-free number 1-800-250-9122 to make the request via phone.
You can also mail your request to:
6301 Benjamin Road
Tampa, FL 33634 United States
Attn: Data Privacy.
In some cases, we may need to ask for proof of identification before the request can be processed. We will inform you if we need to verify your identity and the documents we require.
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), members of the VideoLink organization do not share guests’ personal data with other member companies or others outside of the VideoLink organization for those parties’ direct marketing use unless a guest elects that we do so. VideoLink does not and will not sell your personal data.
You have the right to request we delete some or all of your Personal Data; however, under some circumstances, applicable law may not require us to delete your Personal Data. In any event, we will give you notice of our decision in accordance with applicable law.
VideoLink takes the security of personal data seriously. VideoLink has internal policies and technical measures in place to protect Personal Data against loss, accidental destruction, misuse or disclosure. Such internal policies and technical measures include:
- The use of pseudonymization and encryption of Personal Data where appropriate;
- Procedures and controls to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
- Procedures and controls to restore the availability and access to Personal Data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident;
- Procedures for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures for ensuring the security of the processing; and
- Procedures to ensure that Personal Data is not accessed, except by employees in the proper performance of their duties.
VideoLink retains Personal Data only for the period of time necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected, to fulfill the legitimate business interests of VideoLink, and to comply with any data retention laws and regulations or legal requirements.
When VideoLink engages third parties to process Personal Data on its behalf, such third parties are required by contract to process the Personal Data based on VideoLink’s written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality, and are required to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the Personal Data.
Questions and Concerns
Any questions or concerns regarding how VideoLink processes Personal Data should be directed to our Information Technology Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.