How To Go Viral
There’s no secret formula when it comes to getting a video to go viral, but according to TED Media executive producer June Cohen there are a number of things that you can do to better your chances of viral video success.
In a talk she gave at the Vimeo Festival in New York City earlier this month, as reported by Troy Dreier of OnlineVideo.net, Cohen offered up a number of tips for getting online videos to go viral.
Megan O’Neill of Social Times summarizes Cohen’s key tips for online video below.
- Quality counts
- Grab the viewers’ attention in the first 15 seconds
- Appeal to viewers’ emotions
- Inspire your viewers
- Tell a story
- Be timely and relevant with topical programming
- Use enticing titles and thumbnails
- Distribute to multiple sources
- Enable sharing
- Engage influencers
For the full story or to read more about the 10 tips, click here.Back to All Blog Posts